Posted to alt.home.repair
Dig Dig is offline

Default air conditioning thermostat failure question

thanks for your help CJT,
sorry about the thermostat # it actually is CT8775A,C. I have regular
maintenance performed by the Company that installed the unit and he said the
LV transformer was ok, and yes living in Florida we have a lot of lightning
spikes so may be that did it in.
thanks again,
jeff

"CJT" wrote in message
Dig wrote:

this is the 2nd thermostat to fail in 3 years time its a digital
Honeywell ct8775a. I live in Florida and it fails in the summer time
while on cooling. the thermostat will register the 80 degree setpoint and
turn on but not shut off ( thermostat always read house temp at 80) the
house was 74 degrees last night, replaced the thermostat and all seems
fine. I don't know why these would fail in the same way, should I go with
a normal honey well thermostat? (non digital).
thanks in advance
jeff

BTW, according to the manual I found on line, the CT8775A is a "heat only"
model, so I assumed you actually have a CT8775C.