Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] noname87@hotmail.com is offline

Default Can I get a timer motor?

Greg,

From what i remember when I worked for the company (Paragon) that made

the motors used in appliance timers, they come in different speeds.
You will need to match the speed (i.e. time required for one
revolution) and torque of your existing motor.

On Jul 28, 5:59 pm, wrote:
My older Maytag washing machine suddenly stopped advancing the timer.
I checked and that small timer motor no longer works, and it is
getting power. They dont sell these motors separately, and for what
they want to replace the whole timer, I may as well get a new washer.
I forced the gears and the motor is not locked up. I suppose the
coils inside just fried. Is there anyplace that sells these small
motors? The rest of the timer always worked fine. In the meantime I
will try to find a junked machine. I know they all have these small
motors, but if they are interchangable is the question.

I wonder if motor rebuilders rebuild these tiny motors? We have one
nearby, but I have a feeling they just say to replace them.

Greg