Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default air conditioning thermostat failure question

Dig wrote:

this is the 2nd thermostat to fail in 3 years time its a digital Honeywell
ct8775a. I live in Florida and it fails in the summer time while on cooling.
the thermostat will register the 80 degree setpoint and turn on but not shut
off ( thermostat always read house temp at 80) the house was 74 degrees last
night, replaced the thermostat and all seems fine. I don't know why these
would fail in the same way, should I go with a normal honey well thermostat?
(non digital).
thanks in advance
jeff

BTW, according to the manual I found on line, the CT8775A is a "heat
only" model, so I assumed you actually have a CT8775C.