Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Copper or brass wire mesh

On Jul 28, 4:31 pm, CJT wrote:
N Cook wrote:
I'm thinking of reinforcing solder points on dropper resistors, subjected to
vibration. Forcing a small pad of mesh over the lead and burying in the
solder.
Other than proper suppliers for large quantities, what sort of
shops/conventional applications would use it.?
My local decent hardware shop has nothing , a local machine mart has
expanded brass sheet but that is too coarse. Would there be a
gardening/horticulture use?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I think window screens used to be made of it, and some probably still are.

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form .- Hide quoted text -

You may have to special order honest to goodness copper window
screening. Most nowadays is either plastic or aluminum, neither of
which solders very well, especially with leadfree solder G.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann