Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default backup HD, bootable restore

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:37:32 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I now have seven networked computers on the place. I need a way to backup
the boot disk on each computer and then be able to easily restore a crashed
hard disk so it runs again. What's best? I'd sure like to be able to do it
over the network to one large hard disk. I guess DVDs would be OK, but not
as nice. If there's a way to backup just the OS and then reinstall software,
that would be great.

Karl

If any of the hard drives are Seagate or Maxtor, you can get the
backup software free at the Seagate web site. It's rebadged Acronis
True Image 10 with a few features disabled in the hopes that you'll
buy the full product. It works well as is even with some of the
whistles and bells disabled. All you need is one of the above hard
drives (Seagate or Maxtor) inside your system or network and the
software will be happy and back up any other mfr's hard disks.

RWL