Dean

Default Linde Plasma Needle Arc Welder?

I occasionally use a 'L-Tec' micro-plasma welder for joining small section
stainless steel parts. I think this machine is very similar to the Linde
machine you describe. Now, I am NO welder but with a bit of practise I have
managed to join wires down to 0.6mm ( about .024" ). The gases used are
Argon and a mixture of Argon and Hydrogen at about 7%, although this can
vary depending on the work you're doing. It is only good for stainless
steel, titanium and copper. The one I use is a noisy unit with the cooling
pump running and interferes with any radio ( and possibly TVs nearby ).
Quite honestly, while welding is stronger than brazing/soldering, I think I
could do just about everything needed with good quality hard solder. The
main reason I use the plasma welder is for chemical requirements where I
cant introduce a second metal ( the solder ) to the work.

Hope this is useful,
Dean.

Left wing loonies believe in freedom of expression - as long as you agree
with them. If you dont, then they will put their point across with a
megaphone jambed into your ear. This tends to persuade me not to agree
anyway.

"Gunner" wrote in message
Ive got the opportunity to pick up for nearly nothing or trade..a box
which I believe is a micro-tig unit. The owner called me and asked me
if I wanted it and gave me the info on the front panel

Union Carbide Linde Plasma Needle Arc Welder

I saw the unit a couple weeks ago for a few seconds, and it indeed
does have a tig torch tip with tungstun needle and coolant lines and
all that stuff. Its about the size of a bread box or a large old
style Kenwood stereo, typical Linde yellow face, lots of dials and
knobs and whatnot. I believe its 110v. There is an multipin jack for a
"remote" but there is no peddle.

I was a bit put off because there are two gas input lines in the back.
One for argon, and one in and out for a gas I dont remember..CO2?
Must be the coolant line that goes out to the torch?