Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Hurricane Season/Insurance Question

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:46:41 GMT, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:16:47 -0000, PCGumshoe
wrote:

I renewed my policy on the 1 year anniversary of my purchase and
noticed that if a hurricane came and blew my house off my property (or
destroyed it completely), that I'd be able to pay off my mortgages and
own the property outright if I didn't rebuild and I'd own a lot and
1/2 free and clear.

But the question is, How can you start a hurricane?

Oh a very nice twist on a classic (grin).

Yes, exactly. I know gumshoe is not intending to start a fire or
hurricane, but I wss deternined to put that punchline in there
somewhere.

That is of course why sone fires get started, so the owner can get his
money out of the business when for some reason he can't sell it for
what he thinks it should be worth. Which implies that one doesn't
have to rebuild, which was also a question in the OP's post.