Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default how to find out if walls of house are insulated?

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:59:08 -0400, Larry Weil wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

Would it work to just buy infrared film for a standard 35 mm camera?
A good camera has a separate red dot on the lens to show where to set
the focus for infrared.

You would also have to buy a filter for the camera so only infrared gets
in. Infrared film also responds to visible light, so the filter is
necessary.

I think I bought that, but I can't remember.

The other problem may be finding someplace that can properly process
infrared film, my guess is that Walmart and the local drug store would
have no idea what to do with the stuff.

I'm sure. In NYC, I knew of a real photolab 2 blocks from City Hall.
You could drop film off at 2AM and pick it up at 4AM. Probably
quicker if you paid extra.

Baltimore sort of goes to sleep at night, but I'm sure in the phone
book or by asking at a camera store, I can find a real lab.