Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default need ideas for finding a plumbing leak.

On Jul 17, 11:42 pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:20:37 -0400, "Kitep"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
Is this a two story home?

My friend says all houses are two story homes. There's the story the
realtor tells you, and then there's the truth (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Well that just ticks me off. I will forever live in a single story
house; henceforth and so on!

--
Oren

Well, I haven't had a chance to follow up on this. Of course, the DWV
was air tested after rough in. But something happened between then and
the final manometer test. Either the plumber added a fixture after
the fact (which he did) or one of the HVAC guys got a little wild with
the Sawzall. It's no pinhole leak--you can't even begin to get any
pressure built up on it even with an air compressor.

The water test is the final resort. With my luck it'll spill out onto
the HO's computer. The people are living in the house under a
temporary certificate of occupancy.

The sound test sounds interesting. Who has such equipment? My
experience in listening for leaks is that the whole system hums and it
is hard to pinpoint exactly where?

Right now, I got a hold of some smoke pellets. I've got plans in my
head to pinch down the outlet of a shop vac and blow smoke into the
system with that.