Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus31827 Ignoramus31827 is offline

Default Long term tool storage

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:22:45 -0400, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus21381 wrote:

I have 625 tools of a certain kind. If I sell one per week, that means
that I will be selling them for the next 12 years. (scary thought)

Given the cost of storage space (your house and lot have finite size)
and of the measures needed to keep these items from rusting, and the
interest on the money tied up in the 625 items, does it make economic
sense to price them so it takes 12 years to sell out? I suspect not,
but a little work with a spreadsheet could be useful.

I do not know. I will be happy to sell them for about 1/3 of the "12
year" price if I could find a buyer for the entire lot. Which I doubt
is going to happen.