Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default best thing to seal oak for making a chopping board

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:08:42 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:06:36 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
.. .
Staffbull wrote:
Thanks for all the answers, I'll try out the liquid parrafin I think,
I have enough to worktop to make around a dozen good sized boards!!
but I'm trying to think of another use for the longest piece as its
1.5m and it would be a shame to cut that to bits !! - first thought is
a kitchen trolley/table thingy on castors !!

Bagatelle or shove ha'penny board game?

Carve an improving motto into it and hang it above the bed?

Where you wouldn't see it!

But, like piles...you'd certainly know it was there...

I bow to your greater experience :-)

I'll pass on your compliments to my telly the next time "I've got an
embarrassing illness that I wouldn't dare tell anyone about...except
when there's the prospect of me and my insert body part here being
shown to 5+ million viewers" is on.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk