Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn problem

On Jul 28, 5:40 am, Phisherman wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:13:04 GMT, "H" wrote:
About 2 year ago, I had a large (3-ft diameter trunk) ant-infested locust
tree taken down from my front lawn. Now, two years, later, there are
literally hundreds of locust trees growing all over the yard.

I presume this is from the root system that was left after the tree was
removed. I am trying to figure out what to do. Roundup does no good at all
on these things (it kills it, but it also kills all the grass around it).

Any suggestions on what to do to eliminate the problem?

Thanks.

Cut the bottom off a plastic gallon bottle and also cut a slit from
the bottom to the lid. Throw the cap away. Use this as a shield to
spray your RoundUp. Or you can use a cellulose sponge dipped in
RoundUp (made with 1 part concentrate, 3 parts water) and rubber
gloves. Make sure all the leaves are wet with the solution and do the
application on a dry sunny day. They will die in 2 to 6 days.

Agree with this approach. But would suggest using a stronger
herbicide designed to kill brush in a strong concentration. You can
also use a paper towel tube as a shield.