Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default Copper or brass wire mesh

N Cook wrote:
I'm thinking of reinforcing solder points on dropper resistors, subjected to
vibration. Forcing a small pad of mesh over the lead and burying in the
solder.
Other than proper suppliers for large quantities, what sort of
shops/conventional applications would use it.?
My local decent hardware shop has nothing , a local machine mart has
expanded brass sheet but that is too coarse. Would there be a
gardening/horticulture use?

Hi...

Just a thought off the top of my head... how about something so
simple as a bit of screen like we might find used in windows/doors
to keep the dratted mosquito's out?

Perhaps you could find some unfinished, or if need be dip a chunk of
it in paint remover to clean it up?

Take care.

Ken