Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Copper or brass wire mesh

"N Cook" wrote in message
I'm thinking of reinforcing solder points on dropper resistors, subjected
vibration. Forcing a small pad of mesh over the lead and burying in the
solder.
Other than proper suppliers for large quantities, what sort of
shops/conventional applications would use it.?
My local decent hardware shop has nothing , a local machine mart has
expanded brass sheet but that is too coarse. Would there be a
gardening/horticulture use?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I have done this sort of thing in the past, and have just tightly wrapped a
few turns of tinned copper wire around the leg, before burying the whole in
solder. Seemed to work ok.

Arfa