Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Deck stain - Behr Semi-Transparent Stain with Nanoguard

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

The local Home Depot is carrying a deck semi transparent stain - Behr
"Premium Semi-Transparent Weatherproofing Deck, Fence & Siding Stain".
The product info is at
http://www.behr.com/behrx/act/view/p...s&catId=12This product is offering the longest time warranty of all the semi-transparent stains at the stores in my area - 6 years for horizontalsurfaces and 8 years for vertical surfaces.The product description states that this is a "A semi-transparentstain featuring NANOGUARDŽ technology provides ultimate durabilitywith water clean-up. This urethane-fortified penetrating formula..."Does anyone have experience with this in terms of longevity and howwell it will wear? I have a moderate sized deck that is in full sun 10AM to 6PM.-----Then you should be in good shape. The killer is shade that stays wet.What does the warranty cover? They will replace the stain if your deckdisappears in 6 years and you can PROVE it was applied properly?