Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attaching Bookcase to wall

"J.Lef" wrote in message
news:Ngwqi.33$9I3.32@trndny06...

When I starting drilling in, after about an inch, I realized I was
into something the drill bit wouldnt penetrate.
It wasnt a wood beam, thats for sure, or a wood stud.
I went to the other side of book case and tried that side(six feet
apart) and got same result. I tried two smaller pilot holes in various
locations and everything is that way, so I am assuming I am hitting
concrete/cement, as a beam I dont think would be that large.
How do I mount this unit, into concrete if that is what I am looking
at. I dont believe its brick or metal.
Thanks for any info provided. Much regards

There are anchors made just for concrete. Using a masonry bit, drill the
proper sized hole. Insert the anchor, tighten down. There are many
different types available. Do you know for sure what type of construction
the building is? Is this an exterior wall?