Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default 3 phase?

On Jul 27, 6:20?am, Jordan wrote:
I'm getting a workshop built, and can make a choice to have 3 phase
power connected.
I'd like to buy some ex-factory machinery.
Q: Is it worth the expense? Or, with electronic solutions to running 3
ph. machines from single phase power, is it not worthwhile?

Jordan

3 phase is a slam dunk. There might be a minimun monthly cost from the
power country but with your house and sho on 3 phase it will not
affect your bill.
Tuesday I am going to an auction where there will be lots of 3 phase
equipment that will go for 20? on the dollar.
If you need a 3 phase panels there are lots of them available on
Ebay.
For a home and/or home shop try to get 120/208 or 120/240 voltages.
The remark about meeting with the technical rep from the power company
is good. He can be valuable.
Bob AZ