Posted to alt.home.repair
Kitep Kitep is offline

Default how to find out if walls of house are insulated?

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
My outside walls felt cold this past winter and I wanted to check if
they were insulated.

If there's adequate insulation, an exterior wall shouldn't feel much colder
than an interior wall. So unless your house was also cold, I'm guessing you
don't have much insulation. But as someone else suggested, get somebody
with an infrared camera and you'll know better.

Also, in some houses the wall cavities extend into the basement and aren't
covered. A look down there may tell you what you want to know.