Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 3-way switch

In article , Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:40:20 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Mark Lloyd

wrote:
May be true. It depends on how the circuit is wired. I have one here
where that is not true, each box has:

1. hot
2. neutral
3. connected only to light

It's #3 that is connected to the common terminal of the switch.

Post a diagram somewhere. That circuit's not wired the way you think it is.

So how do I think it's wired?

I have examined the wiring at the fixture. There are two pieces of
Romex there. Only one wire from each is used.

I have posted diagrams of the wiring before, although you should be
able to figure it out from my previous post.

Oh, are you talking about that "California Three-Way"? The circuit that's just
one big massive code violation?

--
Regards,