Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default How do I clamp something outside to a square post?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just seems to me that every clamp I find is round. I'd like to clamp
something securely to an iron handrail that's solid. I really don't
want to drill and tap it. Am I missing the obvious?

Try local farm supply store- they usually have a great assortment of
ironmongery like that. I find they have a much better choice of wierd stuff
than regular hardware or big-box. How big is the square post? If a couple
inches or bigger, start you hunt in the cannonball door/stock pen hardware
aisle. If that doesn't work, local machine shop can make you whatever you
need, but it'll cost a few bucks.

aem sends...