Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
joseph2k joseph2k is offline

Default So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Eeyore wrote:

Spurious Response wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
martin griffith wrote:
Jan Panteltje wrote:

Even studio quality (directly from a PAL camera) has all sorts of
artefacts, just where the right striped shirt.

I say: Just buy a good digital set :-)

Hmm, all the pro cameras I know come out in RGB or YUV.

Nobody in the professional world should be using PAL/NTSC in the
studio's primary signal chain today

Interesting you should say that. There must be tons of gear out there
that's 'legacy' so-to-speak PAL.

Read it again. He said PROFESSIONAL, and NEWER equipment is inferred.

Since when did PROFESSIONALS not use PAL ?

Depends on the standards in use where they work. PAL where you live, SECAM
in others, and NTSC is still others.

Don't talk about stuff you have no experience of. It makes you look even
more retarded than normal. I was the technical manager for an editing
equipment hire company some years back. I do know what I'm talking about.

Broadcast TV isn't as wealthy as it once was and don't expect equipment to
be 'upgraded' on a whim.

Spot on. There has always been smaller stations (also poorer economically
andd then technically).

PAL (and especially UK PAL) produces a far superior picture to NTSC btw
just in case you're getting confused.

Graham

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.Â*Â*