Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Jan Panteltje wrote:
Eeyore
Jan Panteltje wrote:

Well, OK, may I suggest Seagate HDs, I have one up 24/7 now for 6
years.

And I had two of their top flight Barracuda series ( SCSI server types )
die in
under a month each.

Yea, the way it is, some people ... you should not lend your car to
either. Or even your hanky.

Hankies are a disgusting way of speading germs.

No they're not. It's better than sneezing all over a lift full of people, or
standing there sniffing a dripping stream of snot repeatedly back up your
nose, or wiping it on the back of your hand like anyone under the age of 40
does now ...

It seems you misunderstood me. I use disposable tissues in place of 'hankies'.

The idea of a piece of cloth that one uses many times to collect ever more germs
is plain disgusting. The idea of offering it to someone else begs belief.

Graham