Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default CPC ultrasonic cleaners

In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-07-26 14:22:37 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article .com,
dg wrote:
I was interested in these cleaners so bookmarked the site, as other
prices looked good. I have never heard of them before

They are probably the biggest firm of its type in the UK - although that
might be RS Components. But they are basically a trade supplier so don't
advertise in the general press. They'll still supply direct, though.

On that subject, I had a delivery from RS today and asked the DHL guy
about delivery times. Apparently RS buy DHL's next day (meaning any
time next day) service for their "FOC" option.

In practice, that's what happens with CPC virtually all of the time. I
have had precisely ONE instance, in several years, where the goods took
two days to arrive.

Except that RS state "next day delivery", CPC only say "same day
dispatch"

Usually next day, unless you've ordered a toy you can't wait to play
with, in which case it takes about 3

The longest time I've had an item on back order with CPC was 9 months -
by which time, I'd forgotten all about it

--
geoff