Posted to alt.home.repair
Obsidion Obsidion is offline

Default Sound proofing I need some advice.

Sound proofing I need some advice.

I would like to sound proof my whole place, but am first I just want
the door and window ajacent to my balconly sound proofed. The sound I
want blocked out is bats or birdys that have made a tree adjacent to
my balacy. I thought of blowing the bitches away with a shot gun or
posioning them, but have no got the know how to do that

Thats in winter and in summer we have some very noisy crickets. I have
Tinitis from an ear infection and I HATE high pitched noise. Would
love to come home and have a nice quiet place

I don't want to spend alot to do the sound proofing, but am willing to
if nessary with doubled glazzed windows and doors ect, but lets try
some cheap sollutions first

I have no idea what materials would be good to block high pitched
sounds, so thats why I am asking here.

I was thinking of adding some heavy curtians and have vertical
rectangular strips in the back of the curtian to block the sound,
thinkness and type of foam I am not sure. I have realy no idea, but
that sounds like it would work, but how well I don't know.

Also adding weather striping around the door and windows would help as
well I suppose.,

I would also concider building some kind of screen around the balcony
to block sound out as well, everything helps

Thanks for any suggestions.