Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default how to find out if walls of house are insulated?

On Jul 27, 12:45 pm, "Bob F" wrote:

How hot are the inside walls when the sun is on the outside of the same area?

relatively cool, but I checked the walls on the inside of the
uninsulated garage and the inside wall was barely warm. so maybe the
heat wouldn't transfer all the way to the inside wall.

How old is the house?

54 years old

Remove outlet plates on outside walls, and look for insulation outside the box.

only one oulet gives me enough room to see outside the box. I see an
empty area but I also saw something shiny like tin foil.