Posted to sci.electronics.repair
z z is offline

Default An electro-political rant

On Jul 23, 11:34 pm, wrote:
Hang on there EY, I did not buy the piece of ****.

I am an independent service technician with about 31 years experience
who is in this group sharing my thoughts about the unavailability of
parts for something that has come across my bench.

Something that cost more than some of my cars when new. I can get an
alternator or starter. Why can't I get a chip for a power supply in a
$2,000 TV. That is the point.

And by the way MUTHAFUKER, I NEVER EVER WHINE. EVER.

And when the customer comes to me, like so many who bought expensive
Sony XBRs and similarly CAN'T GET PARTS for a $2,000 TV I will tell
them flat out : "I did not design it, I did not build it, I did not
sell it and I certainly didn't ****ing buy it".

You take care of the whining, I don't know how. I drive a twenty year
old car, I know not what an auto part store looks like almost. I
remember taking a BEER in with me when the boneyards just couldn't get
us the right part. I drive a car that old because it can be fixed. And
MY TV is even older than that.

Damn, now that I think of it you can't even smoke a cigarette in an
autoparts store anymore.

That is the closest to whining you will ever her from me. Hell, we
used to smoke pot in the autoparts store !

Shame you missed it.

JURB

Years ago, I was a repairman for Sony on summer college vacations.
They stocked parts for like everything they ever made, going back to
the first transistor radios. Rows and rows of bins. Sigh. A few months
ago, I couldn't even find anybody to do warranty repair work on a RCA
DVD recorder that was dead out of the box, ended up taking it back for
refund. Terrific machine, if it had worked.