Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Lathe abuse?

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:25:13 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

The very same. It is spooky to see it shaking, but good to know it is okay.
I tried to trim it with the chainsaw, but once I roughed it, there wasn't
any way to really hold it in position.

I've had my Jet, which weighs quite a bit with the cast iron legs and all,
loaded with a couple of hundred pounds of logs and still try to "walk" out of
the shop...
A couple of things that have made it less prone to doing that, (besides better
blank preparation), are replacing the factory "feet" with bigger, better ones
from Grizzly, making sure that the feet are adjusted as well as I possibly can
to have all 4 on the ground tight and not working in a garage that's sloped for
drainage...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing