Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Walfart dont sell weatherstripping in summer

"Walmart has provided, through savings, more relief to low-income
families than all the social programs (WIC, food stamps, social
security, unemployment compensation, etc.) combined. Or so says
Walmart."

I tend to think this is true. I believe some studies have been done
that show that Walmart's presence *effectively* increases the
*average* shopper's disposable personal income by .9%. This of course
says nothing about the plight of the employees, but Walmart customers
far outnumber its employees. I would say that's a net plus to society.
Also, although the sample is obviously insignificant, I like to ask
employees from time to time whether they think Walmart treats them
fairly. Most have had no complaints.
As for product quality, you are safe if you stick to brand names,
but Walmart brands are fine for simple items.
If you *really* want to get me going, let's discuss Home Depot!
In my area (New England) they are frequently out of stock on the
most basic of items and never seem to have really good prices
anymore. For example, the other day I noticed they stopped
carrying regular Scott's grass seed in most kinds. They only
had "Super Premium" with a premium price of about 40%. Then
there is the issue of simply not carrying small items that clearly
are home needs. I wanted a replacement muffler for my lawn
mower. They carry not a single kind!
I know there have been HD threads here before so won't
start one.
Enough for today.
Frank

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:33:19 -0500,
wrote:

Walfart dont sell weatherstripping in summer.
Is their staff so retarded that they dont know that weatherstripping
is not just to keep heat indoors but also to keep air conditioned air
inside?

In my case I just changed a shed door and because of poor design it
rattles. I just wanted it put some of that self adhesive foam
stripping to make it fit better. I was shocked when the clerk at
Walfart told me they dont sell weatherstripping in summer. This is a
"Super Walfart", you know, one of those stores that are so damn huge
that it takes a half hour to go all the way around the store. They
carry at least 20 brands of chicken noodle soup, yet they cant keep a
few rolls of weatherstripping on hand?????? This is the same store
that dont sell garden hoses in winter, at their stores located in
farming communities. Ummmmm, like how the hell does a farmer get the
water from the faucet to the cattle tank? Heaven forbid what would
happen if they didn't fill their entire store with christmas junk.....