Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Jan Panteltje Jan Panteltje is offline

Default So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

On a sunny day (Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:23:26 -0700) it happened Spurious Response
wrote in
:

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:15:16 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

On a sunny day (Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:41:12 +0100) it happened Chris Jones
blind_mousewrote:

Well you just go and sit in your studio and watch your test cards then.
What actually matters is the picture quality that people (don't) get in
their homes.

Here is a screenshot of a testcard from satellite:
ftp://panteltje.com/pub/testcard-2.png
So what is wrong?
767x576 png, how you have a monitor with that resolution ;-)

Now this picture travelled 40000 km.

The best purchase you can make for examining such things:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video-...vd&qid=1185003
634&sr=1-12

http://www.videoessentials.com/

I cannot do a capture from the HD DVD output, but I'd bet that even my
Std DVD (it's a combo disc) side would look quite good coming though the
computer, and I could post it in a.b.s.e.

This oughtta be good... ;-]

If you want to test the monitor, Nokia monitor test is really nice:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...tor-Test.shtml
Good for CRT monitors, but also reveals a lot about LCD.