Posted to rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default What makes this happen on a projection tv?

"Nick" wrote in message
. ..
I've got a projection tv here with the blue gun having trouble.

It seems that theres some kind of curl.. or dip in the top. the bottom
lines up perfectly fine. Is this some kind of yoke problem? I can't
imagine what else would affect a tube like that..

The problem follows the tube when i switch the color inputs or the yoke
connectors..

Here's a picture to explain it better.
http://home.comcast.net/~slicknick1981/html/monitor.jpg

Thanks for any help,
Nick

Convergence amp problems. Are you qualified from a technical standpoint?
A knowledgeable type could probably repair this himself, but an average
do-it-yourself-er would probably just ugly up the board so badly I wouldn't
want to even suggest they try it.

Mark Z.