Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default installing combi central heating system - diy

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

3) I need to clarify what I can do myself by law. I was thinking I
would get a CORGI pro in to do all the gas fitting. Am I right in
thinking I'm ok to run any new non-gas pipe work and install / replace
new radiators my self plus physically fitting the boiler without
making the gas connections?

You can in law do all of it yourself including the gas fitting if you
are "competent" (there is no definition in the law as to what this
means). You would have plenty to read up on as well as needing to be
confident in your ability to reliably make pipe joints every time. The
requirement for CORGI registration only kicks in when trading as a gas
fitter.

Make sure you can find one willing to do this first. I was turned down by
several companies who wanted the whole job, or nothing.

10) Any website or book recommendations to help with this project?

Plumbing heating and gas installations (Treloar)
Plumbing mechanical services, books 1 & 2 (Blower)

All on Amazon