Roy

Default steel for gingery lathe ways?

But you have to consider 99% of folks making these Gingery tools are
in the dark and have a very limited to almost no existence of machine
tools or machist knowledge. They follow the steps and suggestions
given by old dave, who in my opinion did a fair job of knocking
together a bunch of odds and ends out of nothing and made a milllion
on his books and is now setting back enjoying his CNC equipped shop
while his aluminum melts in a huge electric furnace all computer
controlled, while smoking his imported Cuban cigars dressed in his
sillk suit. Of course he changes into his bib overalls and worn out
boots and straw hat and climbs in his old beatup Ford Pickup truck for
public appearances when he is not jetsetting around the world in his
Lear jet, or cruising the country side in his Hummer.

For what its worth CRS will work fine for its use on this machine,
Going high end tool steel would be overkill for the most part unless a
lot of other mods were also made. Same for his other machines.

On 12 Apr 2004 17:55:13 GMT, a (Dave Baker) wrote:

===Subject: steel for gingery lathe ways?
===From: "mongke"

===Date: 12/04/04 17:13 GMT Daylight Time
===Hi all,
===
===I'm having difficulty getting cold rolled steel for the ways. Someone told
===me stainless steel plate is as flat as cold rolled.
===
===Yuck - not a nice bearing material unless it's chromed. Best avoided for a
===lathe bed.
===
===
===Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
===I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
===unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.