Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Spurious Response Spurious Response is offline

Default So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:22:51 -0500, clifto wrote:

HDTV sucks, at least the little I've seen. The artifacts are too distracting
for me to watch the picture. When you can get a camera to stand still while
focused on a still object, so the compression isn't blurring everything,
there's improvement in sharpness and no snow and, if you're lucky, a
minimum of aliasing. When you get off the still life and start watching
conventional programming, the picture goes to hell. I watched a bit of a
football game while sitting in a furniture store and got a headache from
seeing the crowd go into and out of focus.

Not here. I can watch the football game, and I can tell exactly how many
grams of grass is contained in the grass stain the guy just got crammed
into his jersey from the tackle he just got nailed with!

Nice out here... where are you?

Then, there is plain digital, not HD, but digital nonetheless. Far
batter than cable, and flawless, like you are in the studio looking at a
reference monitor stuff!

I watched two seasons of "Lost" in full digital, HD.