Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf Golf is offline

Default 1947 RCA radio help

On Jul 26, 4:49 am, "R!" wrote:
Golf wrote in news:1185402599.909928.147530
@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

A friend has this in a cabinet with phono player. The chassis # is
RK-117. The amp/power supply seems to be missing. He said he found a
number for the amp - CS-123 (or 125). The radio has AM, short wave,
and FM. He wanted to try to get this going, so I told him I would ask
this group for info on the power supply/amp parts availability and any
other general knowledge about this particular radio. I would think we
could install a modern PS and amp if we knew the requirements. Of
course he also told me the radio has tubes in it, which I have no clue
if replacements could be found in this old thing? If anyone here has
some info, please feel free. I told my buddy I guarantee someone in
this group will know something about this. Thanks as always.

You may want to try this newsgroup:

rec.antiques.radio+phono

but a lot of us hang out here as well...

R!

Thank you. I will check it out!