Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Dumpster Rental

wrote in message
ups.com...
Have you ever rented a dumpster? Where do you normally put it? On
the driveway? In the backyard?

I am wondering whether I can put it inside the garage - out of sight,
out of the rain, no chance of someone driving my and dumping their
garbage on top of mine...I am just not sure how one would move it into
the garage once they drop it off on the driveway.

When the roofing company ordered the one for my tearoff, they laid 4 sheets
of 3/4 exterior OSB at the landing spot. It was there ten days or so, and
the waste company picked it up with no damage. My driveway is thin asphalt
in crappy condition anyway, but I didn't see a mark. I think it was a 10
yard.

If you have a pretty driveway, 80 bucks or so for plywood seems like cheap
insurance. Doesn't need to be pretty, just thick and dense. See if the
lumberyard will sell you the protecter layers the bundles of pretty wood
come wrapped in.

aem sends...