Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Grizzly customer service!

"jo4hn" wrote in message
Toller wrote:
I was at the woodworking show in Las Vegas last week, looking for
cyclones, among other things. My ceiling is only 91", so I have some
problems.

Grizzly had 2 and 3 hp cyclones next to each other. They were both
listed as 93.5", though the 3 was obviously 10" higher than the 2. I
asked the salesman to explain it. He agreed there was an error of some
sort, but didn't know what, nor did Grizzly have a tape measure.
Today I asked their customer service about it. They tell me I am
mistaken; they are both 93.5".

And, the saleman told me it was easy enough to cut 2" off the hose that
connects to the waste bin, CS says that is will make emptying the waste
bin impossible.

Guess I won't be buying a Grizzly. Just venting.

I went to the doctor (nothing serious) the other day. An assistant always
checks blood pressure, weight, etc. When it came to height, she announced
that I was 5' 8 1/2". Now I have been 5' 11 1/2" for years which I
politely informed the assistant. She pointed out the numbers and insisted
that the machine didn't lie. Another fellow said he had also lost 3" in
one day.

Well, when I got home, I put a try square against the wall, stood under
it, made a pencil mark on the wall, and measured. I had gained 3" in a
couple hours. I have written to Ripley's Believe it or Jam It but I
haven't heard back yet.

I would definitely find another doctor. When several patients lose 3" the
same day and the assistant can't put it together...