Karl Townsend

Default AL tierod alloy

Our plan B is chrome moly thinwall tubing with welded in plugs to cut the
threads for the ball joints. needs to be at least 3/4 tubing cause the ball
joint thread is 1/2x 20.

He's thinking solid AL 3/4" round is stronger/lighter than a steel
weldament. Wrong? No way does he want a solid 3/4 steel shaft. We couldn't
find 3/4 OD 3/8 ID steel shaft, plus its almost as heavy as solid.

The one that breaks uses 3/8x18 balljoint threads and 5/8 steel OD thickwall
tubing. The ball joint threaded shaft breaks off.

Karl

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Bad idea Karl. The load and shock clearly identifies steel as the lightest
choice. It may be possible to reduce weight a few grams by using a crhome,