Posted to rec.woodworking
Glenna Rose Glenna Rose is offline

Default Tossing out scraps

writes:
Do you have any woodworker friends who make small projects? Some of it
might
be just what they are looking for. Maybe you can make a trade or at least
make another woodworker friend very happy.

Charley

When my children were small, we were a one-income family so on a very
tight budget. Star Trek was big then, first time around. My sons loved
it. Neighbor gave us a box of 1x2 hardwood scraps, most about 3 inches
long. Many of them, combined with a bit of paint, miscellaneous
upholstery tacks, some bottle caps, etc., became phasers for an entire
group of little boys. That was a wee bit ago; many of those little boys
are fathers with sons of their own and some still have those phasers.

One never knows what those insigificant scraps can become.

A 3x5-foot sheet of 1/4-inch plywood painted with chalkboard paint became
a control panel for their "ship." One just never knows.

Glenna