Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default flux-core with no gas nozzle?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:54:41 -0500, "Charles Struble"
wrote:

Not a whole lot of experience welding but LOTS of experience putting out
fires in vehicles, some from welding. Have your fire extinguisher handy,
an easy way to get
the heck out, and a phone nearby outside, so you can call me if things go
south! Oh yeah, not in the garage, please...

I was stick welding yesterday under the hood of my new old van..Moby
Dick.

thermostat housing bolts sheared off at the heads. Used 3/32" Blue
Max 708S stainless rod to weld nuts on the stubs. Id sprayed plenty
of P'Blaster on the bolts the day before..some of which soaked into
the bits of waterpump gasket that were standing proud. Got a bit busy
there for a couple minutes when I took off the hood and found a nice
big waterpump gasket wick burning all around the waterpump. And
licking at the wiring harnesses....

Didnt hurt anything, just got the old ticker going pretty good for a
few minutes.

Bolts sucessfuly removed btw. No big deal

Gunner