Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Faucet Choice?

"Senin" wrote in message
ups.com...
My old Moen faucet has bit the dust. Time for a replacement. I have
heard that Delta, Price-Fister (sp) and American Standard are good. I
want a single handle with a spray attachment. What is a good one?
Specifically, why does one Moen cost $99 and another one, that looks
just as good, cost $341? I just don't see the difference.

I've have Delta, Moen, and one Price Phister. The Deltas in this house are
29 years old, the Moen about 20 years, the Price-P about 10 years. They all
been excellent. The Moen cartridge had to be replaced once, the Deltas had
the seals replace. I've say any one of those brands will do you well.

As for the price difference, it may not be visible today, but will be in 5
or 10 years. Often, the differences are in the materials you don't see
readily. Solid material instead of plating, etc. The cheaper ones will
work well too.

What looks good to you?