Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

CraigT wrote:
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/IMG_6627.JPG

There are no heat sources behind that wall besides a toaster oven that sits
on the counter top and is seldom used. I would think any heat source from
inside would have caused some damage to the cabinet directly above. This is
new housing so the walls are insulated.

I have something similar and just as weird. The mini-blinds in one window
on the south side of my house have a round-ish area about 8" in diameter
that's discolored and warped just like your siding. The blinds have
naturally been inside at all times, the window hasn't been opened, and
I had cardboard on the inside of the blinds for a long time, which means
nothing from the inside could have burned the blinds without harming the
cardboard. Cars can't get anywhere within 1,000 feet of that side of the
house without leaving obvious tracks in the mud, so it's not a windshield
reflection. There's a building off in the distance, but a reflection off
its window would have to travel across the blinds as time-of-day changed
and it wouldn't leave a nice, round burn in one spot.

--
"Liberals used to be the ones who argued that sending U.S. troops abroad
was a small price to pay to stop genocide; now they argue that genocide