Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Foundation bolts

"Wayne Whitney" wrote in message
On 2007-07-25, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

I'm replacing foundation plates and rim joists on the house.

I take it from this that the floor system bears directly on the mud
sills, and that is why you have can not install retrofit bolts from
above? If so, then as another poster suggested, take a look at the
Simpson products on this page:

http://www.strongtie.com/products/ca...n_anchors.html

In particular, consider using the FAP product if the edge of the
mudsill lines up exactly with the end of the foundation, or the UFP
product if it does not. Note that typically these would be used on
the inside edge of the foundation, not the outside edge. Be sure to
use corrosion resistant fasteners and hardware (hdg or stainless) for
anything contacting treated wood or concrete.

Good luck,
Wayne

Wayne, you describe the condition exactly. The FAP will work fine. Using
corrosion resistant hardware did not occur to me. Thanks for the tip.

Ivan Vegvary