Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Plaster or drywall?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:58:29 +0100, "Dave Baker"
mused:

Secondly has anyone noticed that corporation tips are now doing their utmost
to prevent you taking DIY stuff like doors, windows, old plaster etc there?
It's classified as trade waste and they want you to hire a skip instead. I
think I'll just have to manage taking it a bit at a time in plastic sacks
and hope the jobsworths don't stop me.

Stand there and argue. If it's not trade waste it's not trade waste.
Alternatively, sling at the gates and scarper, better than chucking it
in some random hedgerow.

I used to take garden rubbish after a good weekend of trimming bushes
and trees all weekend to the tip in a luton with 'Appliance World'
written all over it and they claimed it was trade waste as I was in a
commercial vehicle. The fact that 'Appliance World' doesn't do
gardening escaped them.

You can get permits to go to the tip with if you are looking like
trade, and if you insist it isn't trade but they think it is then you
can fill out yet another form to say it definitely isn't trade waste.
--
Regards,
Stuart.