Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Plaster or drywall?

"Dave Baker" wrote in message

If I rip it back to brick I can drywall it with dot and dab myself with

the
help of a mate and if I leave the basecoat and fix the blown bits I'll

need
a plasterer to skim it again at god knows how much per diem. I'm thinking
rip the lot off would be quicker and cheaper. My main unknown is how you

fix
shelves etc when you've got drywall rather than a solid plastered wall.

Secondly has anyone noticed that corporation tips are now doing their

utmost
to prevent you taking DIY stuff like doors, windows, old plaster etc

there?
It's classified as trade waste and they want you to hire a skip instead. I
think I'll just have to manage taking it a bit at a time in plastic sacks
and hope the jobsworths don't stop me.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dont rip it off...too much mess and dust not to mention the dust mites.

Chase the walls and fit screw battens to the wall then plasterboard it and
plaster.