Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Alex[_2_] Alex[_2_] is offline

Default So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

I reworked all the joints with lead-free, as that is what the RoHS
legislation legally charges me to do as a commercial repair outfit, but boy,
the temptation was strong to just reach for the leaded solder, and do the
job 'properly' ...

If you use leadfree solder, remember that the temperature is a bit
higher, and this makes the fumes from resin much more dangerous to
YOU..
Second.. if the components is made for leadfree solder , it can happen
that the tin/lead solder wont make a good solder-joint. ( but I agree
that sometimes one is tempted )
Alex