Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default double seal/quad rings vs Orings

I'm trying to repair the slave cylinder on my Clausing 6903 lathe. The
lathe has a varidrive that the motor side is moved by a small cylinder using
a combination of a lip seal and a couple of small orings.

From what I have read the slave cylinder is problimatical as far as leakage.
While cruising the McMaster site I saw double seal orings which I've always
called quad rings. Since the weekend is coming and I'd like to play with my
new to me lathe, I ordered both standard orings and the quadrings. Which
one do you think I should try first?

I ordered them in viton, will run in Mobil DTE 24 in case anyone cares.

Wes