Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pogo Pogo is offline

Default saw blade w/ broke tooth still safe?

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message news
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:45:07 -0400, "Pogo"
wrote:

Hello everyone.
I've using a mitre saw and non-ferrous cutting blade to cut some 1" 10 series 80/20 for almost a year and it's been working great. Thanks to excellent advice from this group!

Today I broke a tooth off of the saw blade. Just one. Is it still safe to cut with it ? Or is that "hole" going to grab the metal I'm cutting and raise hell ?

The danger passed when that tooth whizzed past your ear. My
non-ferrous blade is also missing a tooth (not just the carbide, the
whole tooth) that came off when I was trimming a piece of Item
extrusion and the offcut was just the right length to jam between the
blade and chopsaw fence. As long as the blade isn't bent and you don't
think other teeth are damaged, I wouldn't worry.
Ned Simmons

Yeah I had that same thought about where that little missle must have gone. Years from now you might see me on one of those TV medical shows where the "man complained about headaches ever since July 23,2007. Discovered a saw tooth lodged behind his left ear for the last 10 years ...."

Chills ...