Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Milt Milt is offline

Default Who knows about routing out a sign?

(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article , Milt
wrote:
I am interested in makeing some outdoor signs using my router.
have cut out the letters and words on some finished redwood - but my
question is how do I color - or paint the routed out area like in
black, then have an unfinished surface so the writing stands out?

Ummmm.... with a paintbrush?

It'll stand out better if you use yellow, by the way.

Thanks, guys, for these suggestions. I'll try some but the jury is still
out. I just sent for some DVD's I found online at Davesigns.com. They
are supposed to give directions. THe signs you can buy at the Fair are
really good and they do this some way - so there has to be a reasonable
method.

Thanks again - and still looking for even more ideas.

Milt