Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default how to water proof a wall

S S wrote:
I have an apartment in Turkey, there is one wall that takes a hammering over
the wet winter months, the wall is currently painted externally and
internally and is not on the ground floor, When I go out in spring there is
a little `dampness` on the inside of that wall, normal for turkish builds
and easily sorted with a quick scrape and a new coat of paint.
However I would like to at least improve the situation and even better if I
could solve it by trying to coat the wall with something to seal it.

Any ideas?

thanks

Find the source of where and how moisture is enetering the wall and
put your seal there. It may not necessarily be the rain against the
wall but from above the wall. or someplace else., But determine the
source and go from there with your sealer.