Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Spurious Response Spurious Response is offline

Default So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:27:43 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

"Leeper" wrote:

t is really application and chip package specific,

Bull****. Lead based solder alloys are superior in damn near all
electronic realms, and there is no configuration where they would not be
other than high end commercial and military applications, and they
certainly do not include Tin.

Whilst I don't disagree with you, where's the hard comparative data ?

Considering the fact that we have 5 decade old circuit cards still
operating perfectly, and that we already know what alloys containing Tin
which is not bound by Lead do over time and temperature cycling, I do not
think that precise numerical analysis is even needed on such a profoundly
lopsided issue.